San Andreas Modding
What Is Modding?
If you've never installed a mod for San Andreas, you can check out a wide range of them over in our Mod Database. Modding is the act of modifying game content originally designed by the developers of the game and a mod is something that alters the game in such a way. There are various ways to mod the game in order to add new content or even improve old content. Many different elements of the game can be modded, including:
- Textures - These are like paint on objects, peds and vehicles.
- Models - These are the 3D shapes of the objects/cars/peds themselves, which textures are applied to.
- Maps - The placements of objects such as roads, buildings and scenery build up the map.
- Data - Alter the properties and behaviours of game elements and objects.
- Scripts - Include features and activities that make up the gameplay as well as missions.
- Audio - Anything you hear while playing the game can be replaced with new audio files.
Generally modding is performed on PC installations of the game due to the speed and ease over console modding, which requires chipping the console and writing any file changes to disc, wheras modding on the PC only requires instant file edits.
The San Andreas vehicle specifications database provides information on all the vehicles in GTASA, with some handy features for finding the information you want.
ID's and documentation on player body parts
San Andreas pad documentation
Cheats for San Andreas and documentation on routines and memory addresses.
Information on car upgrades in San Andreas and documentation of ID's.
Information about car colours in Grand Theft Auto and documentation on IDs.
List of ped models and IDs in San Andreas, with information and descriptions.
Information on the particle effects in San Andreas using the effects.fxp file."
Explosion IDs and memory structures for San Andreas.
Corona type ID's, screenshot images and memory structure.
A list of car door ID's for SCM usage.
Information about camera modes in Grand Theft Auto and documentation on IDs.